Accepted & Understood!
We make use of cookies to provide the best possible experience for you and to gather analytics data. By continuing usage of this website you accept these cookies and our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Accepted & Understood!

Community » Forum » Announcements » Update, 13th Nov

I would like to explain a little better what I think would result from the above, combined with some of what XDCD and I have proposed before.

Say I start a company, "FOOD CO". I load it up with $30 in seed money. I put up a wage of $3 on the market, with 7 jobs available.

7 people apply and work, leaving me with $9 left. I do nothing with the food assets created.

The next day, 3 people work again, draining all remaining cash that I have. The 4th person works, here is where it gets sticky: FOOD CO is out of money, but someone is owed wages.

What happens next I'm not sure. Perhaps there is a 24 or 48 hour period in the directors of FOOD CO can try to rectify the situation. During this time, I think it would make sense to not give indication that there is not cash on hand to pay wages. AKA allow the employees to work as normal, and give indication after that there is an issue with payment.

I would think it would make sense to have some kind of penalty paid out to the damaged employees in this situation.

I think it would be awesome if you could have a bank issue credit to your company to automatically pay out wages in the case of a cash flow issue.

If you do not resolve the debts you owe in a set time frame, the company and assets are put up for auction, and the resulting payout is distributed first to debtors in order of priority (banks first, then employees, I would think) then, anything remaining would be distributed to shareholders.
Another suggestion, treat the job board like you treat the advertisement system. Pay to play. Instead of paying for views though, you pay for time, with a limited number of spots, perhaps even breaking it down by hour of the day.

If you want your companies jobs listed at 6:30 eastern, you are going to be bidding against everyone else for it.
Does employee loyalty have a place in a totally free market (assuming the developer's intent is to simulate a free market)? From my point of view, making it more difficult for workers to switch to higher-paying jobs only benefits employers. I agree that the 5 job limit plays a role in who gets work, but it's reasonable that the companies who offer the best wages are the best at acquiring labor.

There should be a mechanic that protects wages- maybe ensuring that workers always get paid when they work, or allowing them to work somewhere else if they don't get paid (like a pop-up that says "this business can't afford to pay you right now. do you still want to work?"). I'm in favor of giving players choices in a situation like this.

A more robust wage system could enable businesses to reward loyalty by paying employees more for sticking around.

You could also allow workers to automatically work without logging in. That way the incentive for loyalty is the cost of logging in and switching jobs minus the difference in wages. However, a system like that makes it very easy to use alt accounts for free labor. Policing that would require an unreasonable amount of effort.

Quoting Beefy_Swain:
Another suggestion, treat the job board like you treat the advertisement system.

I would argue that this already happens- you can get your job to the top of the board at 6:30 eastern by paying the highest wage at that time. You already are bidding against everyone else.

Ultimately, it's all about contracts- giving employers and workers the ability to form complex, binding agreements.
Admin
Game Staff
If a company runs out of money, the employee can very easily get a new job, with just a few clicks. You can't compare this to real life, where getting a new job is a big hassle.
I haven't experienced it, so I'm curious- does the game prevent a worker from working for a company that can't afford to pay wages? What happens when I try to work for someone with no money?
Admin
Game Staff
If the company cannot afford the wage, it will give an error message to the player who is trying to initiate work.
Admin
Game Staff
Small update released again!

Quoting Changelog:
- Improved graphs with better y-axis stepping
- Added 24h volume, bid and ask values to The Exchange Ticker
- Added notification for player when getting fired from a job
- Pagination on Company management history page
- Ability to download personal or company history in CSV format (VIP only)
- Added Flu vaccine. One used Flu Vaccine prevents you from catching the flu for 1 year.
XDCD
Millionaire   VIP
Quoting Gluten:
Small update released again!

[quote=Changelog]- Improved graphs with better y-axis stepping
- Added 24h volume, bid and ask values to The Exchange Ticker
- Added notification for player when getting fired from a job
- Pagination on Company management history page
- Ability to download personal or company history in CSV format (VIP only)
- Added Flu vaccine. One used Flu Vaccine prevents you from catching the flu for 1 year.
[/quote]

Nice one!

Enjoying the new Ticker, few more small suggestions to make it absolutely perfect (to me) :-)
- Put bid/ask as: Price (Volume) with volume grayed out the same, this way the prices are lined out correctly,
- Sort it as Thing / last / bid / ask to hopefully make them all show in vertical view on phone/tablet with 24H change and volume behind that,
- Make the Ticker the main page when clicking on Exchange as you've linked the 'Item name' towards the live data.

Also thanks for the sweet export as well, though for extremely easy analyzing, (if at all possible) please divide it into a lot more columns, for example:
Event Type / Date (dd-mm-yyyy) / Time (HH:MM:SS) / Country / City / Landplot(street and number) / Event Sort (Retail/apartment/exchange/tax/dividends) / Event (sold/bought/paid) / Customer (person/govt/shareholders/exchange) / Item / Amount / Price Each(raw) / Sum(raw) / Currency
That would be really awesome :-)

Question about the Flu vaccine,
With 1 per player per year the demand will be extremely low. With currently ~170 players living in apartments one company can easily supply everyone for a year.
It'll also reduce the need for Medicine Supplies.
So my question is, is the govt going to buy these from retail as well to create some demand in that area?
Admin
Game Staff
Regarding flu vaccines, the production pace has been adjusted dramatically, taking into account the savings you make from not having to buy energy / health packs by not getting the flu for a year.
Admin
Game Staff
Quoting XDCD:
Enjoying the new Ticker, few more small suggestions to make it absolutely perfect (to me) :-)
- Put bid/ask as: Price (Volume) with volume grayed out the same, this way the prices are lined out correctly,
- Sort it as Thing / last / bid / ask to hopefully make them all show in vertical view on phone/tablet with 24H change and volume behind that

- I'm not sure I follow on the Price (Volume) thing, could you make a draft image or something displaying what you mean?
- I think all columns already show up on landscape view on mobile?

Quoting XDCD:
Also thanks for the sweet export as well, though for extremely easy analyzing, (if at all possible) please divide it into a lot more columns, for example:
Event Type / Date (dd-mm-yyyy) / Time (HH:MM:SS) / Country / City / Landplot(street and number) / Event Sort (Retail/apartment/exchange/tax/dividends) / Event (sold/bought/paid) / Customer (person/govt/shareholders/exchange) / Item / Amount / Price Each(raw) / Sum(raw) / Currency
That would be really awesome :-)

Some of the fields we can probably do, but not a priority fix at this point.
1 2 3