Accepted & Understood!
We make use of cookies to provide the best possible experience for you and to gather analytics data. By continuing usage of this website you accept these cookies and our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Accepted & Understood!

Community » Forum » Announcements » Small September Patch

XDCD
Millionaire   VIP
(accidental double post)
SlackerGuy
Businessman   VIP
Quoting XDCD:
[quote=AppleStore]Are you sure the amount of NPC workers are increased? Because when I check my companies it stand that I need to offer a wage of 46 USD to get NPC workers (the same as before the update).

Quoting XDCD:
[quote=XDCD] Amount is indeed increased, wage requirements remain the same.

I check my company says 39 wage.
AppleStore
Mogul   VIP
Quoting XDCD:
[quote=fnx5STvz]What factors determine where NPC purchase items?

Is it possible to provide a generated report of npc purchases?
Date, Item type, item amount, (total amount spent in USD)

It's been explained before:
NPC buys retail products randomly a few times a day (usually around 8 times a day), the amount is dependable on population (new: on amount of npc workers).
There are different price limits for each product the NPC buys and store is mainly based on price (with some randomness factored in).
The amount it buys has now changed to the same amount in each city, rather than based on the population within that city.
(Suggestion: Factor in both to still have city population matter slightly, to keep apartments useful?)

I would like to have an overview within the retail company that shows what each store that it owns sold (only viewable to CEO / directors).[/quote]

I don't know if that with population would be nice actually. At least how the market is now with a bunch of people living in Helsinki. That will just lead to a monopoly there where someone could charge a ton of money for food and they will still get sales, as most people live there. If that should be the case, I would like if some change would be done where everyone could have a maximum of 50% of all land in every city. But that would just lead to a price war, which also just isn't enjoyable...
XDCD
Millionaire   VIP
Quoting AppleStore:

I don't know if that with population would be nice actually. At least how the market is now with a bunch of people living in Helsinki. That will just lead to a monopoly there where someone could charge a ton of money for food and they will still get sales, as most people live there. If that should be the case, I would like if some change would be done where everyone could have a maximum of 50% of all land in every city. But that would just lead to a price war, which also just isn't enjoyable...

NPC's have price limits, so charging a ton doesn't work. Players can live wherever they like to and can calculate whether they prefer cheap rent of cheap food them self fairly easily.
A maximum amount of land owned seems impossible (1 player or 1 company? What if someone buys shares or becomes director of a company that owns land? Etc etc.) it also doesn't comply with a competitive 'free market' (everything is for sale - at the right price). If a populated city and/or apartments don't have any impact on sales (or on something else) then there is no point in building any.

Like I said before, there's a few ways to solve the land issue, which is allowing competing on something other than price and/or implementing a bigger variety of attractive buildings so there won't just be 20 retail companies in a city and nothing else. The ability to rent out land and/or buildings would also help.
AppleStore
Mogul   VIP
Quoting XDCD:
[quote=AppleStore]

NPC's have price limits, so charging a ton doesn't work. Players can live wherever they like to and can calculate whether they prefer cheap rent of cheap food them self fairly easily.
A maximum amount of land owned seems impossible (1 player or 1 company? What if someone buys shares or becomes director of a company that owns land? Etc etc.) it also doesn't comply with a competitive 'free market' (everything is for sale - at the right price). If a populated city and/or apartments don't have any impact on sales (or on something else) then there is no point in building any.

Like I said before, there's a few ways to solve the land issue, which is allowing competing on something other than price and/or implementing a bigger variety of attractive buildings so there won't just be 20 retail companies in a city and nothing else. The ability to rent out land and/or buildings would also help.[/quote]

+1 on the other buildings implementation

The thing with the maximum land was just an example to a solution from the monopoly market in Helsinki. As you are the richest player with quite a margin you have the money to own all lands in Helsinki, therefor you have the money to rent your apartments for free. I don't have the intention to somehow downspeak it or something, but at the same time you need to agree that that is the truth.

But I agree that some new buildings or markets need to be added. Or, like you suggested, that everyone has their own "speciality" so some could only have retail stores, and others just Food package factories.
XDCD
Millionaire   VIP
Quoting AppleStore:

The thing with the maximum land was just an example to a solution from the monopoly market in Helsinki. As you are the richest player with quite a margin you have the money to own all lands in Helsinki, therefor you have the money to rent your apartments for free. I don't have the intention to somehow downspeak it or something, but at the same time you need to agree that that is the truth.

But I agree that some new buildings or markets need to be added. Or, like you suggested, that everyone has their own "speciality" so some could only have retail stores, and others just Food package factories.

About the low rent - I would put every apartment I own at 0 rent, simply because that prevents people from dieing at a small cost (with 0 rent you won't get kicked out when you can't afford it), which in turn can sometimes (not often) earn me some goodwill for people to shop in my stores, but that isn't the goal. The last time I did that in NY/LA I got quite a few angry messages, so I decided to do it in a place with less competition.
SlackerGuy
Businessman   VIP
Quoting XDCD:
[quote=AppleStore]

Quoting XDCD:
I would put every apartment I own at 0 rent, simply because that prevents people from dieing at a small cost (with 0 rent you won't get kicked out when you can't afford it), which in turn can sometimes (not often) earn me some goodwill for people to shop in my stores, but that isn't the goal. The last time I did that in NY/LA I got quite a few angry messages, so I decided to do it in a place with less competition.

Oh, I’m sorry about that angry messages.

I was surprised.
AppleStore
Mogul   VIP
Quoting XDCD:
[quote=AppleStore]

About the low rent - I would put every apartment I own at 0 rent, simply because that prevents people from dieing at a small cost (with 0 rent you won't get kicked out when you can't afford it), which in turn can sometimes (not often) earn me some goodwill for people to shop in my stores, but that isn't the goal. The last time I did that in NY/LA I got quite a few angry messages, so I decided to do it in a place with less competition.[/quote]

Everything good with the goodwill and that. I mean that's your right if you want to offer your apartments for free. But the fact is still that you own all retail stores in Helsinki, and offer your food (which by the way is the only thing the NPC and most people buy) for 25 USD. You even placed some more expensive stores in Helsinki where you offer the food for 50 USD, so a newbie would think that they have a great deal with the food for 25 USD.

Meanwhile, we "poor" people need to compete in New York and Los Angeles, where the land cost is higher and the population is a third of that in Helsinki. I currently offer my food for around 10,50 in my New York store, and that is the only way to get any sales as a store owner (which I don't want to name drop) keeps dropping his price more and more. So where we would get around 3 USD profit per food sold, you get 18 USD. For that profit margin, I would gladly PAY my apartment renters 5 USD to live in my house.
Matth99
Mogul   VIP
Your rent is 7.9 though, and ik im the name drop with the cheapest prices in New York *amen*

Your food prices do be high
Forum Screenshot
AppleStore
Mogul   VIP
Quoting Matth99:
Your rent is 7.9 though, and ik im the name drop with the cheapest prices in New York *amen*

Your food prices do be high
Forum Screenshot

I increased my prices again to see if I still make the same amount of sales, or at least earn the same. I don't fancy to have a price war with you...

And the reason why my apartment price is 7,90, is just because it don't make any sense to offer free apartment if you don't own every land and every retail store in a city. Because everyone would just go to the cheapest store in every city, so I would just have some people in my house which don't pay anything and therefor it doesn't make any sense. The only reason why I still have my apartment is to have a way to save myself from dead. As long as I have the 10 USD for the land tax, I would be alive. So if I would take all my money and put it into my apartment complex, I would be alive around 5 years.
1 2 3