Community » Forum » Announcements » Small September 2024 Update

Admin
Game Staff
Hello!

A small MoneyGame update has been released today.

Changelog
- Made further improvements to droid buying amount randomization.
- Droid purchases resulting in slightly negative stock values should now be fixed.
- Temporarily disabled droids from buying Flu Vaccines to allow real players to get them.
- Slightly lowered prices in the government operated retail store Martta Market, Chicago.
- Lowered creation fee of Newspaper company type and moved it to Medium tier.
- Fixed total and available worker job amounts (maximum 10 for resource production, maximum 25 for item production) for old companies. Note that for some Item production companies, the total jobs amount was mistakenly increased to 25 from a previous limit. Check your company worker stats to see if you need to fix this.

More updates coming later this month!

Cheers,
Admin
XDCD
Millionaire   VIP
Hi There,

Thanks for the update! Good to see multiple new updates lately.
Any chance you could share some of the upcoming features for the next (couple) updates?
rajesh2212
Mogul   VIP
Thanks for regular updates Admin 😃
Admin
Game Staff
Quoting XDCD:
Any chance you could share some of the upcoming features for the next (couple) updates?

While I have some bigger things like politics features in my TODO list, the next upcoming updates will probably mostly feature smaller stuff like improvements for beginners, better moderation tools and a rulebreaking reporting system, maybe dark mode, apartment renting trustability rating, company logos, a small tax system and adjustments to production rates etc.

What I would really like to do is implement more company types, especially ones where the players themselves can make an impact (like with newspapers and banks now), however I have to admit I don't really know what those companies could be, so any suggestions are welcomed.
XDCD
Millionaire   VIP
Quoting Admin:

While I have some bigger things like politics features in my TODO list, the next upcoming updates will probably mostly feature smaller stuff like improvements for beginners, better moderation tools and a rulebreaking reporting system, maybe dark mode, apartment renting trustability rating, company logos, a small tax system and adjustments to production rates etc.

What I would really like to do is implement more company types, especially ones where the players themselves can make an impact (like with newspapers and banks now), however I have to admit I don't really know what those companies could be, so any suggestions are welcomed.

Alright sounds good.

It would be nice to see some balancing, such as:
-> Government jobs currently pay too much (companies can't compete since ingredients are required);
-> Production rates of some companies are a little low compared to the limit on droid retail purchase prices (such as boost drinks & flu vaccine);
-> Company expansion to allow for larger companies would be nice (rather than a lot of small companies);
-> Possibly add a 'government supply' when there is low supply on the exchange similar to how currencies are done, but with a wider range;
-> On avarage I would say most loans do not get paid back currently, it would be nice to have some leverage for banks. Loans to companies can increment forever, so possibly allow banks to cancel unpaid loans?
I think this is a good idea XDCD.

This has OfficerStorie's support.

OfficerStorie
Admin
Game Staff
Quoting XDCD:
-> Government jobs currently pay too much (companies can't compete since ingredients are required);
-> Production rates of some companies are a little low compared to the limit on droid retail purchase prices (such as boost drinks & flu vaccine);
-> Company expansion to allow for larger companies would be nice (rather than a lot of small companies);
-> Possibly add a 'government supply' when there is low supply on the exchange similar to how currencies are done, but with a wider range;
-> On avarage I would say most loans do not get paid back currently, it would be nice to have some leverage for banks. Loans to companies can increment forever, so possibly allow banks to cancel unpaid loans?

- Most things in the game are calculated to make sense based on the current government job wages, but adjustments will be made over time of course.
- Boost Drink production speed will be increased by 50% in today's update - let me know if you think this makes sense.
- Company expansions are planned for a future update.
- Will consider this.
- Any ideas what this leverage could be? The possibility of "forgiving" loans is coming in a future update.
XDCD
Millionaire   VIP
Quoting Admin:

- Most things in the game are calculated to make sense based on the current government job wages, but adjustments will be made over time of course.
- Boost Drink production speed will be increased by 50% in today's update - let me know if you think this makes sense.
- Company expansions are planned for a future update.
- Will consider this.
- Any ideas what this leverage could be? The possibility of "forgiving" loans is coming in a future update.

Thanks for the update :)
Regarding the balancing I'll send you a message later.

As for the leverage that could be usefull for banks and will enable more loans:
-> Restrict private trades that result in net worth (assets -debts) going negative (or below x % of loan value, which can be determined by the bank upon accepting the loan).
-> Add the ability to tie assets, such as company shares or land into loans, not being able to trade them untill the loan is fully repaid, and which get seized/ auctioned after x days of missing payments.
-> Add the ability to offer a personal guarantee into loans, the loan could move to the player giving the guarantee if x payments are missed. This should add the same private trade restrictions to the player giving the guarantee.

It would help if assets had a higher value (company expansions could help here, but land and company creation value could be higher too) to be worth 'saving'.

Currently the issue is that companies and players can simply take a large loan and then trade the cash off to a new company or user and never repay the loans. See this topic for example: https://www.moneyga.me/forum/thread/452-sad-news-bankruptcy