Accepted & Understood!
We make use of cookies to provide the best possible experience for you and to gather analytics data. By continuing usage of this website you accept these cookies and our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Accepted & Understood!

Community » Forum » Announcements » Update, Nov 8th

Admin
Game Staff
Another update has just been released! We have addressed both some major and some minor issues. Below is a list of the major changes we have made.

One Account per Player
We have updated our Game Rules with one new point: you can only have one account per player. Using multiple accounts to gain an advantage leads to a banishment of all of the offender's accounts.

Flu Event
Approximately once a month a player with catch the flu. This leads to the immediate loss of 20% health and 50% energy. Note that the health will not go below 10%, so you cannot die from the flu alone.

Land Tax
Countries now tax each piece of land every day. The daily tax rate is set on a per-country basis. Missing 7 land tax payments leads to the loss of that land, and it will be placed on auction.

Company Creation Prices
We have adjusted company creation prices slightly. The company creation price is now also calculated into the net worth of all created companies.

Company Management & Energy
Some company management features (adjust bank deposit values, adjust production values, create an ad) will drain 1 percentage point of energy per 30 minutes.

Company Item Sales Limited
From now on, companies cannot trade items (electricity, cement, food, medicine) directly to other companies or players. Instead, they must trade via The Exchange. This prevents large companies from producing their own stuff at super cheap rates, and increases the amount of business made in the game.

As always, feedback is very welcome! :-)

Yours,
MoneyGame Team
Hi Gluten, where to pay for land taxes?
Admin
Game Staff
crystalseeds, the land tax should be paid automatically by the land owner.

Edit: it looks like the land tax payment made no history event. This has been fixed for future payments!
XDCD
Millionaire   VIP
Awesome, keep it going :-)
Also noticed some more subtle changes such as links in auctions. Nice one, thanks! :-)

I have a question though, I got the notification "Land 1st Street 1, São Paulo, Brazil owned by Marriott has missed land tax payment 1 time(s). If you miss 7 tax payments, you will lose the piece of land. The land tax is BRL 5.00. Next charge attempt is in approximately 22 hours 28 minutes."
Does this mean the next charge is 10 BRL or 5 BRL? And in-case it's 5 BRL, is there any-where an option to still pay the missing tax?
Also is it 7 consecutive or 7 total? (I think it should be total and the land owner should be allowed to pay the missing taxes to reset the amount).

Quoting Gluten:

One Account per Player
We have updated our Game Rules with one new point: you can only have one account per player. Using multiple accounts to gain an advantage leads to a banishment of all of the offender's accounts.

Since I am one of those people :-)
Is there any-where I can delete the other accounts or should I just not touch them again?

Suggestions:
- Possibly add the 'land tax' to the Financials tab as-well :-)
- Since you added company values to net value, possibly you could add inventory values as-well based on exchange prices (much like you do with currency).
- Add a 'edit' option in the retail company to edit prices.
- Add a 'currency' option in the apartment renting company (much like how I can sell items in USD in EU shops).
- Add a 'edit' option to exchange offers and/or allow more than one similar offer.

Small bug(s):
- Some companies don't appear to have 'owners' such as:
http://www.moneyga.me/community/company/829#tab-owners
This company isn't being auctioned either, so not sure if it's from a 'dead' player or something else.
- It seems that if a bank owns other companies shares the net value of those shares aren't added to the banks net value.
- Net value of a holding, owned by a holding, isn't added to the top holding :-)
- Can't IPO a company 100% owned by a Holding company
- When shares of public companies are on sale the game does not consider the seller as owner, thus dividends over the 'for sale' shares are not received by anyone.
@Gluten Do you want to have corporate tax also?
Admin
Game Staff
Quoting XDCD:
I have a question though, I got the notification "Land 1st Street 1, São Paulo, Brazil owned by Marriott has missed land tax payment 1 time(s). If you miss 7 tax payments, you will lose the piece of land. The land tax is BRL 5.00. Next charge attempt is in approximately 22 hours 28 minutes."
Does this mean the next charge is 10 BRL or 5 BRL? And in-case it's 5 BRL, is there any-where an option to still pay the missing tax?
Also is it 7 consecutive or 7 total? (I think it should be total and the land owner should be allowed to pay the missing taxes to reset the amount).

The next payment will still be 5 BRL. And it is 7 consecutive missed payments that lead to loss of land. I might modify the specifics of this later, though.

Quoting XDCD:
[quote=Gluten]
One Account per Player

Since I am one of those people :-)
Is there any-where I can delete the other accounts or should I just not touch them again?[/quote]
There is no way to delete accounts. It's enough if you just stop playing on them.

Quoting XDCD:
Suggestions:
- Possibly add the 'land tax' to the Financials tab as-well :-)
- Since you added company values to net value, possibly you could add inventory values as-well based on exchange prices (much like you do with currency).
- Add a 'edit' option in the retail company to edit prices.
- Add a 'currency' option in the apartment renting company (much like how I can sell items in USD in EU shops).
- Add a 'edit' option to exchange offers and/or allow more than one similar offer.

- Will do.
- Will see if this can be done properly.
- Will consider.
- I prefer to keep it the way it is now.
- Will consider.

Quoting XDCD:
Small bug(s):
- Some companies don't appear to have 'owners' such as:
http://www.moneyga.me/community/company/829#tab-owners
This company isn't being auctioned either, so not sure if it's from a 'dead' player or something else.
- It seems that if a bank owns other companies shares the net value of those shares aren't added to the banks net value.
- Net value of a holding, owned by a holding, isn't added to the top holding :-)
- Can't IPO a company 100% owned by a Holding company
- When shares of public companies are on sale the game does not consider the seller as owner, thus dividends over the 'for sale' shares are not received by anyone.

- That company seems to have an owner now. It's possible that the company was being traded. There is no set "ownership" while shares in "trading mode".
- Only Holding companies should be able to own shares. How did you get shares to a bank?
- Will take a look at this.
- The system is designed so that you must use your personally owned stock for the IPO.
- Will try to come up with a solution for this.

Quoting crystalseeds:
@Gluten Do you want to have corporate tax also?

Not at this point.
XDCD
Millionaire   VIP
Quoting Gluten:

- Only Holding companies should be able to own shares. How did you get shares to a bank?

Any company can bid on auctions, thus receive the shares when winning the auction, I guess that's a bug then :-)
Nice